The following are the annual awards for the junior and mini sections of the club. Players' player and coaches merit award are awarded in each age group.
Players Player of the Year
Coaches Merit Award for Improvement
- One player to receive the award from each age group. This is the decision of the players in the age group squad only.
- Team manager to arrange voting.
- Each player in the squad has one vote, for the player they believe to be the best player in their squad (not themselves).
- The only people to know the players name are the lead coach/age group manager and I until the presentation event.
- One player to receive the award from each age group. This is the decision of the coaches of the age group squad only.
- The candidate should be your most improved player of the season.
- To help make your decision the player should have attended at least 90% of the season.
- The player should attend coaching sessions not just turn up for matches.
- Look at their skills, attitude, behaviour and work levels.
- The only people to know the players name is the lead coach/coaches, age group manager and myself until the presentation event. Please make sure your players and parents realise this.
Mini (U7's-U12's) or Junior (U13's - U16's) Player of the Year
- One player from each squad (if the coaches feel they want to) nominated for this award. The nomination needs to be submitted for review at the April committee meeting. The player usually nominated for this award is the Coaches Merit Award candidate but it doesn't have to be if the coach/coaches feel they have another player in the squad worthy of this award.
- You need to justify why in writing and remember they will be up against tough opposition from players within the Mini’s or Junior age groups.
- The committee will hear all nominations – a vote will take place to select one player from the Mini’s section and one from the junior. The committee’s decision is final.
We also have a Clubman award which is given to a Coach in recognition of their services to the club. Managers please let parents/players know they can nominate a coach, as a group nomination or as individually. The committee decide upon the number of clubman awards across the whole club which will be presented for the year and then vote on whom they feel should receive the award/s - from those nominated.
Dr White Trophy
This award is presented to anyone within club who has shown excellent continuing work in supporting and developing the club. Members of the committee put names forward, the committee vote upon those nominated